Teresa Michael, BA, RHIT has enjoyed a long career in Health Information Management. She has been the Director of Health Information Management at Sarasota Memorial Health Care System since December 2010. Prior to returning to her HIM roots, she spent 5 years as a Clinical Systems Analyst at SMHCS implementing and supporting document imaging, coding, and other HIM systems. Teresa came to SMHCS from Streamline Health where she worked in sales, marketing, implementation, and product management for the HIM and Revenue Cycle Suite of Products. She went to Streamline Health from Mercy Regional Health Systems in Cincinnati, Ohio where she was the Director of HIM for Mercy Hospitals Anderson and Clermont. Teresa is a graduate of the University of Cincinnati and Eckerd College in St Petersburg, FL. Teresa was also the Team Manager of the US Archery Team for the 1996 and 2000 Olympic Games.”
In April 2014, Chris Powell was promoted to Chief Executive Officer and elected to the Board of Directors of Precyse. In this role, he is responsible for the overall day-to-day operational performance and leadership of Precyse, including implementing strategic operational plans to advance the company’s mission and financial and non-financial objectives. Mr. Powell leads the efforts to evolve the company along the path to a sophisticated technology-enhanced services model, including focus on product development and commercialization, and engagement in merger and acquisition and channel partnership opportunities as they arise. He is also responsible for operations, service delivery, sales, marketing, finance and information technology and is a member of the organization’s Executive Council. For the three years leading up to this promotion, Mr. Powell served as President of Precyse.
Today’s discussion guide:
1. What kind of impact is the ICD-10 transition having on the healthcare marketplace?
2. Will we still be ready for October 2015?
3. How will we deal with further delays?
4. Teresa presented at this year’s ANI on “Advancing Clinical Documentation Quality and Accuracy While Preparing for ICD-10.” What were the key takeaways from the presentation?
5. How is Sarasota Memorial dealing with the delay? They were prepared for the 2014 deadline, but do they process the delay? It will be dealt with in three phases….
6. How does the delay impact momentum?
7. How does this impact CDI, and where do we go from here?
8. Despite the delay, what are the opportunities as a result of the delay?
9. For those providers who were NOT ready for the 2014 deadline, what do they do now?